Data Protection Awareness Training for Guernsey
To celebrate the launch of our awareness training you can save 10% if you book by 23rd of February 2018, making the training just £31.50 per person. Please contact us for bulk bookings & further information.
Midshore have developed an awareness training solution suitable for all members of staff of any ability, the aim of the training is to give you a basic understanding of data protection laws in Guernsey and the upcoming changes.
Whilst the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) has been pending its implementation date (of May 25th 2018) since April 2016, awareness has struggled to spread throughout most industries within the island of its own law the General Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017.
Our training aims to help bridge that gap and give you the basic understanding required.
- The first and only of its kind (to cover the Guernsey implementation)
- Suitable for all levels (data protection novice to expert)
- Can be taken live or online
- Provides a certificate in data protection awareness and 1 hour CPD
- Is the most cost effective solution for structured learning about data protection
- Demo of the platform for corporate organisations
- Can be included in your own “Branded” corporate university using the Midshore Online Training platform
- The training has been put together by industry experts from both Finance & Non-Finance backgrounds
Our Data Protection Awareness training covers:
- What is Data Protection?
- Key changes to data protection law
- Impact on Guernsey
- Data protection definitions
- Data protection principles
- Individuals rights
- Responsibility for Data Protection
- Subject Access Requests
- Data Breaches
Who is our training suitable for?
Our training solution is suitable for both Finance & Non-Finance and has been tailored to give individuals a basic understanding of why Data Protection Regulation laws exist and what the basic principles are.
How can the training be taken?
The module can be taken any time on our “Midshore Online Training Platform” (MOT) or can be held live at our offices or yours. The online training option is suitable for both work environments and even those who wish to take the training on mobile / tablet devices as out MOT platform is both desktop and mobile device friendly.
Both options for the training cover the same topics. Live training is recommended for groups of 8-12 persons at a time (please contact us for pricing).
Are there any advanced training options?
Yes. If you are looking for more advanced training, Midshore also offer Workshops and a full Certification in the General Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law 2017. All of which can be found on our GDPR / GDPL training page here.