Data Protection Regulation Unit (Guernsey)
Upcoming Course Dates:
Starts: 09:30 ends: 16:30
Starts: 09:30 ends 13:00
Midshore are the first and only provider of a Certificate in Data Protection for the Guernsey Data Protection Law. Our two Unit Certificate is aimed to give the candidate a thorough knowledge of the regulation and how to best deal with real world use. Both Units can be taken individually or together.
What is the Regulation Unit of the Certificate in Data Protection?
This unit outlines the General Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017.
Objective of the examination
The objective of the examination is to ensure candidates have a knowledge of the regulations and legislation underpinning data protection.
The examination will test a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the following elements:
- Background to the current data protection environment
- General Provisions of The Data Protection (Bailiwick of Guernsey) Law, 2017
- The Regulator: The Data Protection Authority
- Data Controllers and Data Processors
- Rights of the Data Subject
The examination is divided into elements, each of which is broken down into a series of learning objectives.
Each learning objective begins with one of two prefixes: know or understand. These words indicate the level of skill to be tested.
- Know – requires the candidate to recall information (e.g. facts, rules, principles)
- Understand – requires the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, rule, fact or principle
The examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element.
Unit Assessment Structure
A 50-minute examination of 40 multiple choice questions.
Combine with the Data Protection Practical Application Unit
When combined with Practical Application Unit this completes the Certificate in Data Protection.