Data Protection Practical Application Unit
Upcoming Course Dates:
Starts: 09:30 ends: 16:30
Starts: 09:30 ends 12:30
Midshore are the first and only provider of a Certificate in Data Protection for the Guernsey Data Protection Law. Our two Unit Certificate is aimed to give the candidate a thorough knowledge of the regulation and how to best deal with real world use. Both Units can be taken individually or together.
What is the Data Protection Practical Application unit?
This unit demonstrates the practical application of data protection regulations in the work environment.
Objective of the examination
The objective of the examination is to ensure candidates have a knowledge of the practical applications of the regulations and legislation underpinning data protection.
The examination will test a candidate’s knowledge and understanding of the following elements:
- Introduction to the Data Protection Culture
- Identification & Usage of Personal Data
- Implementing Affirmative Consent
- Ensuring the Rights of the Data Subject
- Dealing with Data Protection Breaches
- Role of the Data Protection Officer
- Interfacing with Data Protection Regulators
The examination is divided into elements, each of which is broken down into a series of learning objectives.
Each learning objective begins with one of two prefixes: know or understand. These words indicate the level of skill to be tested.
- Know – requires the candidate to recall information (e.g. facts, rules, principles)
- Understand – requires the candidate to demonstrate comprehension of an issue, rule, fact or principle
The examination paper is constructed from a specification that determines the weightings that will be given to each element.
Unit Assessment Structure
A 50-minute examination of 40 multiple choice questions.